Originally from Miami, FL, Darnell Johnson is a super talented Illustrator, character designer, and visual development artist based in Atlanta, GA who recently made the bold leap from the relative stability of studio life in the casino game industry to a full-time career as a freelance artist. Darnell discusses the steps he has taken to forge a freelance career, art education, networking, and staying true to your own values while successfully working in commercial arts.
The Creator Forge Podcast will maintain a monthly release schedule going forward. Thanks for joining us so far, and we hope to hear from you on social media. Let us know what you think.
* [Stain LLC](https://stainllc.com)
* [Darnell's LinkedIn](https://www.linkedin.com/in/darnell-johnson-b468111b)
**Companies and schools:**
* [Pixel Pirate Studio](http://www.pixelpiratestudio.com)
* [ADC Mouse](https://www.abcmouse.com)
* [Age of Learning](http://www.ageoflearning.com)
* [Timbuk Toons](http://www.timbuktoons.com)
* [How to become a toy designer](http://www.theartcareerproject.com/become-toy-designer/)
* [Shawn Crystal](http://comicvine.gamespot.com/shawn-crystal/4040-55750/)
* [Nolan Woodard](http://comicvine.gamespot.com/nolan-woodard/4040-59061/)